Monday, February 2, 2009

Obsessions

So after reading about my dear friend, Jodi, I decided to write about what happens at my house when I get a little obsessive. I can't seem to read books like normal people. When I read, I read to escape. When I say escape, apparently I mean escape everything. I get a good book and I read it through to the end, in a matter of hours or days. My husband and family just love it! ;) There is no dinner, no cleaning of house, no laundry being done, etc. My husband is patient, but only to a point. So if it is a good series I want to read, then good bye Mom and wife for a couple of days. I am not sure why I can't read a little everyday, like everyone else. But I sure love to read good books that allow me to engross my very being in them. The last series I read was the "Sevenwaters Trilogy" by Juliet Marieller. Now, keep in mind, I read them years ago, but felt like getting them out again and engrossing myself in Irish folklore once again. So I read all of them in a couple of days. I know, I know my husband is saying the same thing. Really? Well I can't do it often, but I do enjoy that part of my obsessive life. :0)

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo the same way. I once threw a book across the store because a chracter, who happened to be my favorite, died. Don also has to be patient and remember to duck once in awhile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not sure i see a problem. :o) he he he maybe the no food thing is an issue. i think all you need to be responsible for is teaching them more self reliance so they can leave you alone. ???

    ReplyDelete